To launch Sally Hogshead’s best-selling book, How the World Sees You, we wanted a way to give back to our amazing community. Some way to help people pay it forward.
After a few round-table discussions at the Fascination Laboratory, we came up with the idea for Project Fascination, and it was centered on this mantra:
The greatest gift you can give someone is to show them their own highest value. (Tweet This)
Once someone understands how they naturally add value, they blossom. They become more confident, more persuasive, and more influential.
Our idea was simple:
- Give our closest supporters a code to share the Fascination Advantage assessment (totally free) with their followers
- Give their followers a code of their own once they had taken the assessment
- Offer prizes to advocates who shared the most
- Watch it spread like wildfire
Project Fascination had a great turn out. In a few short months over 100,000 people discovered how they add distinct value, by taking the Fascination Advantage assessment.
It didn’t just happen though. We had to get the message out.
When the project started, it didn’t take off by itself. Our team had a plan for spreading the word (and your team can do the same).
If you’re looking to grow your email list or start a pay-it-forward movement yourself, here’s how Team Fascinate put it together:
- We created a landing page to drive participants to where they could easily register for their own free assessment code. This code would allow up to 100 users to take the assessment for free.
- Once participants had registered, they were directed to a resource page with easy ways to share their code. Our team provided them with social media posts, blog posts and email copy to share with their friends and followers.
- Members of Project Fascination were then introduced to our Project Fascination Facebook page, where they could share their success stories and ask questions. We also sent them weekly emails reminding them of resources for sharing and prizes they could win if they continued to share.
Project Fascination was a huge success. In just a short time over 100,000 people took the assessment, our most dedicated followers received the benefit of getting to know their audience better, and we almost doubled our email list.
If you have a message you’d like to get out today, we urge you to take a look at Project Fascination.
~ Team Fascinate